Preview The Course
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT THIS COURSE WILL BE COVERING.
Learn How to Make a Micro-Budget Feature Film
Discover how to write a story, work with actors, work within your micro-budget, hiring crew, work effectively on set, directing on the fly, becoming your own first assistant director, scheduling, build characters with your actors and so much more.ACCESS NOW - $147
7+ Hour of Video Content
Learn how to write, produce and direct a micro-budget feature film.
Money Back Guarantee
This masterclass has a 365 day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Access Anytime, Anywhere
You have lifetime access to this course. Learn on your own time.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Award-Winning filmmakers Sarah Jayne and Ivan Malekin have been producing improv based feature films and shorts that are innovative, challenge the audience and inspires for years. Their films have been screened world-wide through many international film festivals.
Their latest two improv feature films, Friends, Foes & Fireworks and In Corpore, have been distributed throughout the world through Amazon, iFlix and Walmart as well as many other outlets.
Ivan and Sarah haven’t stopped sharing their love for the improv method. Most recently they filmed and released seven episodes of streaming series Life Improvised, and they also teach improvised film techniques, both online and in live workshops world-wide.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THE MASTERCLASS:
Conventional filmmaking is slow and expensive and requires permission. You are always looking for money, appealing to investors, appeasing funding bodies, running crowdfunding campaigns. You just want to make films but it seems like an endless waiting game.
We have been there. Pitches that go nowhere. Years in development hell. Money poured into chasing money that never comes. So we got tired of waiting and asking for permission. We slashed our production costs, focused on micro-budget filmmaking, and gave ourselves the greenlight to make the films we want in a matter of months from concept to wrap.
Machination is our fifth feature film shot in the last four years. We had the initial idea for the film during the lockdown in April, 2020, and spent a few days at the end of the month writing the first draft outline. May was spent redrafting and refining the outline. In June we approached cast and planned shots – a period that was a mix of development and pre-pre production. One month of official pre-production and rehearsal began in July. Finally, in August, we went into a 10-day production period and wrapped principal photography.
This planning was all done between outside work commitments and between shoots on other productions. That makes Machination a feature film done from first draft to wrap in four months, mostly part-time, during an uncertain time in the world where many productions shut down completely. And the budget was only $4500. And we still paid everyone.
With hours of lessons, this comprehensive micro-budget masterclass will show you how we did it, breaking down each month from development to pre-production to production.
- Finding ideas and inspiration
- Writing the outline and working with improvisation to increase speed and collaboration
- Being your own AD and planning your schedule
- Keeping your budget simple and doable
- What in include in contracts and talent releases
- When it is time to sacrifice and think outside the box
- Find the perfect cast and crew
- The importance of rehearsal, planning, and being adaptable
- Working on set as a multi-tasking leader
- Equipment you need
- Shot planning and coverage
- Motivating your team, directing tips, and so much more
- Bonus 3+ hour course on Directing an Improv Indie Film like the Duplass Brother, John Cassavetes and Joe Swanberg
- Access to two of our micro-budget feature films
- Case studies and much more
Plus you'll get bonus material and our own templates like schedules, budgets, contracts, release forms, shot lists, and behind the scenes videos of the making of Machination.
Imagine the films you can make if you sped up the entire process and got onto set every few months instead of every few years all on a micro-budget? Imagine how making more films will improve your career? Instead of betting on a single film winning a major festival to put you on the map, take control of your filmmaking future and make more films, faster. Use our micro-budget techniques to build your body of work and become a full-time filmmaker. This course will show you how to write and wrap your next film in only four months.
EXCLUSIVE SOFTWARE & SERVICES DISCOUNTS:
Did I mention that all IFH Academy members also get massive discounts on industry leading software and services?
- Backstage.com (Free Casting Package)
- Artlist Stock Footage (Two Free Months)
- Artlist Stock Music & FX (Two Free Months)
- Soundtripe Music (10% off Membership)
- Rev.com Close Captioning ($10 off your First Order)
- Bulletproof Script Coverage (15% off ANY Coverage Package)
- StudioBinder.com (One Free Month)
- Audible.com (One Free Audiobook)
"Very informative I can't wait to apply it. The videos and extra materials provided really helped too."
"I recommend this course to any indie filmmaker and anyone wanting to shoot a film on a low budget with a small crew."