Preview The Course
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT THIS MASTERCLASS WILL BE COVERING.
Never Face a Blank Page Again
You want to sell your story, right? And you’re willing to do the work to get there? Then you need tools. Practical tools. Tools that will transform your understanding of your story and ensure you get the most from your characters.ACCESS NOW - $297
6+ Hour of Video Content
Learn how to emotionally structure your characters and plot.
Money Back Guarantee
This webinar has a 365 day MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
Access Anytime, Anywhere
You have lifetime access to this course. Learn on your own time.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Hollywood screenwriter and producer James V. Hart's films have grossed over $1.3 billion world-wide. His writing/producing credits include; HOOK, directed by Steven Spielberg based on an idea by Hart’s then 6 year old Son, Jake, BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA, directed by Francis Ford Coppola, MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND, directed by Brian Henson, and CONTACT, directed by Robert Zemeckis.
Other writing/producing credits include: Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, Tuck Everlasting, Jack And The Beanstalk: The Real Story. Sahara, Lara Croft: Tombraider – The Cradle Of Life, August Rush, Epic, and the TV series, Crossbones, which he created and developed.
The Hot Zone, the acclaimed series for Nat Geo based on Richard Preston’s best selling book, was created by Hart, who also shared writing and story credits on each episode and served as an Executive Producer.
Hart has served on the faculty of the Columbia University Graduate Film program. Served as mentor and advisor at the Austin Writer’s Ranch, Sundance Film Labs, and the eQuinoxe-Europe Writing Workshops for over 20 years in 11 countries.
Hart began creating his renowned story mapping system and app, THE HARTCHART, while working with Francis Ford Coppola on their film Bram Stroker's Dracula.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THE MASTERCLASS:
Drawing on three decades as a major film industry screenwriter and 20 years leading seminars and workshops around the world, a HartChart masterclass provides an immersion in HartChart visual story mapping tool directly with J.V. Hart, as you learn to get your script production and market ready.
Writing can be a solitary experience. And knowing what you’re supposed to do is sometimes not enough. Being able to ask questions, exchange ideas and work directly with J.V. Hart in a roomful of writers facing the same issues we all do can be the catalyst to taking your writing to the next level.
Using scripts like La La Land, Dallas Buyers Club, and Imitation Game, J.V. Hart will demonstrate the HartChart in action. As the course unfolds, you will discover how to get to the heart of your story and visually map the rise and fall of your character’s emotional journey toward a satisfying ending, every time.
- 8 Magic Questions you must answer before you begin
- Identifying tangible signposts to create definitive narrative structure
- Why a character-driven story is key to successful scripts
- Understanding the all-important role of the audience in your writing process
- Functional use of the HartChart to visualize every story you will ever write
- Ability to identify major themes when charting your character’s journey
- How and why a story moves an audience
- FREE copy of the James V. Hart's Book The Writer’s Toolkit ($25 Value)
- BONUS: HartChart Breakdown - Steven Spielberg's Hook ($50 Value)
- BONUS: HartChart Breakdown - Jordan Peele's Get Out ($50 Value)
- BONUS: James interviews Oscar-Winning Writer/Director Jordan Peele (Get Out)
- BONUS: James interviews Oscar-Winning Director Damien Chazelle (La La Land)
- Discounts for the HartChart App and additional bonus interviews and videos
EXCLUSIVE SOFTWARE & SERVICES DISCOUNTS:
Did I mention that all IFH Academy members also get massive discounts on industry leading software and services?
- Backstage.com (Free Casting Package)
- Artlist Stock Footage (Two Free Months)
- Artlist Stock Music & FX (Two Free Months)
- Soundtripe Music (10% off Membership)
- Rev.com Close Captioning ($10 off your First Order)
- Bulletproof Script Coverage (15% off ANY Coverage Package)
- StudioBinder.com (One Free Month)
- Audible.com (One Free Audiobook)
Oscar Nominated Screenwriter
Life of Pi & Finding Neverland
"Time and again, I've seen J.V.Hart's analysis completely transform a writer's understanding of their screenplays."
Everyone Loves Raymond
"You need this whether you are working on your first spec script or your twenty-first produced screenplay. It works. For everything!"
Oscar Nominated Screenwriter
Dallas Buyer's Club
"The HartChart revealed more about The Dallas Buyer's Club than I knew and I co-wrote the screenplay."